WHAT TODAY’S DAY IS PREPARED OR NEW IN THE CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE
Today, October 17, new amendments to the CPC of Ukraine come into force, approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine by 330 votes on October 4, 2019.
So what you need to know:
– the rule allowing the court to take into account “impressions from other people’s words” has been removed;
– During detention, pre-trial authorities should draw up a report of detention. If at the moment of detention it was not possible to identify the person, a detailed record of the person should be included in the protocol and a photo card should be included;
- the lien and the refusal to use it are subject to appeal;
- the defense party may independently involve experts and select an expert institution for examination;
- the prosecutor may authorize another prosecutor to announce the suspicion of a judge, a lawyer, a prosecutor or a deputy;
- The prosecutor and the investigator are obliged to inform the investigating judge of the execution of the arrest decision or its refusal;
- The rule on the announcement of the indictment in its entirety has been removed. The Court may restrict the announcement of an indictment on the grounds of “reasonableness”.